Working with customers in a wide array of industries, Centrisys has refined 2-phase and 3-phase decanter centrifuge technology for rapid, efficient solid-liquid separation. These systems are ideal for industry applications including Meat and Poultry processing and Oil and Gas. See the complete list below.
How Our Decanter Centrifuges Separate Solids Efficiently
A decanter centrifuge consists of a solid cylindirical bowl rotating at a high speed, a scroll rotating in the same axis with a slightly different speed, a scroll drive adjusting the speed difference and the body, which carries all the rotating elements.
- The material or slurry is loaded in the decanter centrifuge through a stationary pipe connected to screw conveyor.
- The slurry moves into the feed compartment inside the conveyor and forced through a nozzle into bowl section.
- The bowl begins to rotate at a very high speed, producing gravitational forces.
- Within seconds, these gravitational forces cause the solids to separate from the liquid.
- The screw conveyor moves the solid to the uppermost area where they are discharged through a nozzle.
- A clear liquid flows out from the other end.
Centrisys 2-phase and 3-phase systems build on this approach with efficient hydraulic scroll drive technology, an innovative beach design and other features to enhance the performance beyond machines of similar size.